Princess Rebecca's Royal Ball

Hear ye! Hear ye! Thou art hereby invited to a royal ball in celebration of Princess Rebecca's Third Birthday! Dress in thy finest attire for this splendid occasion. By royal decree of the King and Queen.

This morning I was busy the whole time, trying to finish blowing up the balloons and decorating the house, sorting out the party bags and preparing the games and prizes. Stef and I made a big banner and suspended it from the second story. The cake arrived at 2pm and we finally finished preparations at about 3pm. It was SUCH a hot day, I was sweating like a pig. We also had to scatter toy figures and gold chocolate coins around the garden, and bury figurines and plastic trinkets in the sand box for the kids to dig and find later on.

The kids started arriving at 4 pm, all dressed up as pirates and royalty, and Col and I got them busy decorating their own tiaras and pirate swords, while some other kids did coloring. We'd planned to have the games first, but a few of the kids got hungry so we all ended up eating first. While people were eating, we did glitter tattoos and nail art for those who had already finished eating. Then we commenced our first game - freeze. It was simple enough, but we ended up with a six-way tie because they were too good. =)

Then we had feed the dragon, where Princess Rebecca's Kingdom was being attacked by a ferocious dragon (a cardboard one that I drew and cut out) and we needed some brave Princes and Princesses to chase the dragon away. How? By throwing socks in its mouth! So they all had fun throwing balled-up socks into the dragon's mouth, and Stef had to count the socks thrown in. When it reached 100, the dragon flew away and we'd saved the day. Then we had a Royal Treasure Hunt where we handed out the party bags and all the kids went out in the garden to look for gold coins and animal/dinosaur figures scattered around. They were running and yelling, "Over there!" and "I got it!" and "Look how many I found!", but I guess they had fun.

2bcont.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments